Record Store Day




I might lose a few readers (as if I had any to begin with) by saying this, but I cannot sit by and let a pack of businessmen create a day that brings attention to their dying businesses without calling them out for using peoples' nostalgia-soaked brains for their own benefit.

Record Store Day was a crock. (If you weren't aware, it happened April 19th nationwide. Read the press release.)

Do you know what record stores did to people? They sold over-priced pieces of plastic and made a killing. Nowadays (for now anyways) I can buy what I want, when I want it, and record stores (and the music industry) hate me for it. They want to go back to the days when they ruled and I suffered.

If record store business owners truly wanted to provide the best possible mode of receiving and enjoying music to their customers, they'd send people online, close up shop and start delivering milk.