New Name: TheDailyCity.com

The Orlando Arts Blog now has a new name: TheDailyCity.com. Typing in the old name (http://www.orlandoartsblog.blogspot.com) will still get you to this blog.

What was the reason for the change?
1. Yahoo changed it's domain fees from $12/year to $35 for no reason. I had several domains with them, so in one fell angry emotional swoop, I cut them all free, including OrlandoArtsBlog.com.

2. The stuff that was being written about started to include more than just "arts" events.
How did you choose the "The Daily City"?
I chose to include the word city because I believe we don't live in Orlando. We live in a city. There are cities all over the world and we are part of that network of cities. Everything they do, affects us, and vice versa. We learn from them, they learn from us. We are not cut off, set apart or somehow downgraded. We are part of a network of cities with the same needs we have. So, having the word "city" in the title, to me, takes the focus off "This is our orb, this is our Orlando place/thing/entity" and puts the focus on "We live in a city like the rest of the world. Every other city has stuff to do and so do we."

I used the word "Daily" because typically (except on weekends) we're getting posts out daily. The word "Daily" also reminds me of a newspaper.