Checkerboard Productions has a FABULOUS idea

UPDATE 9-14-08: I didn't know this had already been written about.

I just got this email tonight inviting me to participate in what I think is a GREAT idea for a cabaret on October 27th:
"My name is Dominique Minor and I am emailing you on behalf of Checkerboard Productions with an awesome proposal. Checkerboard Productions, an entirely youth operated and funded theatre group, of which I am a founding member, is planning a Something Old, Something New cabaret benefit for our little organization.

The concept is simple: "seasoned" local theater artist performing songs from contemporary musicals (think Spring Awakening,[title of show], Legally Blonde, Hairspray) while the younger folk sing more aged songs (think Funny Girl, Gypsy, On a Clear Day You Can See Forever, West Side Story, even KISS ME KATE) in a role reversal of sorts. It is going to be a night of campy fun, a great opportunity to celebrate and poke fun at the wonders of musical theatre all for an incredible cause. I would really love for you to be a part of this.

The event will take place on October 27th at at the Studio Theatre (which is now the Orlando Youth Theatre) right next to the Sak comedy lab hosted by Beth Marshall.

I hope that you will consider and if you know any other performers who fit the bill that would be willing to help out that would be fabulous. If you are interested let me know what song you are thinking about (rembember think contemporary) I have sheet music for everything..."
Who should they get to participate? I think this is a fabulous idea. Congrats to this new (to me) theatre group for coming up with it and I hope y'all get a great cast lined up.