Greg Rollett: social marketing for musicans

Wanzie and Baratelli and Maupin: Pointless, Orlando Fringe Festival 2008
Michael Wanzie, me and the "Pointless" poster
2008 Orlando Fringe Festival

Great post by another local blogger, Greg Rollett, about how unsigned bands can get some attention. I love what he says, and I'd say those in any industry can take his advice and apply it to their situation. I, for one, thought of Orlando Fringe when I read this particular paragraph. Replace "band" with "show". Or, here, I'll do it for you:
"Flyers, posters and emailing your same group of people is not an answer, that is routine. No one gives a shit about routine. Be strange. Be outgoing. Be something that every other (show) is not. Anyone can (do a show) now, and a lot of people (do good shows). What you do to get people to care is what is going to make the difference..."
Go read the whole article now while I re-think my entire Orlando Fringe show marketing strategy. (Yes, I might be coming back AGAIN to do my little solo improv show. I know, I know.. "Move on, Mark." I will. One of these days.)