Matty McDermid accused me of libel

Matty McDermid sent me an email threatening to sue me if I didn't take down my post about him. He said it was libel:
From: Matthew MacDermid
To: email@markbaratelli.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:23:02 PM
Subject:

If you do not remove the libelous statements from your blog, I will have no choice but to have it done so legally. You are being worse than Betsey Maupin in exaggerating the truth, which I certainly didn't expect.

I do not have a criminal record, which is the part of the story that Maupin failed to report on.

Thanks for paying attention. You do not have any right reporting anything that is not public record. The accusations directed at me are false and founded entirely in speculation. Please remove libelous statements.

I have asked nicely.

Thank you.
So, there ya go, Matty. Your post is down. No more libel. You win. Go sick your lawyers on Maupin and the Sentinel now.