Links: Oct 31 AM

Pumpkin tower
Orlando needs this next year: a pumpkin tower

Dear sweet merciful Jesus my inbox was FULL when I got home Thursday night with all these fun events and press releases. I'm posting as much as I can before I get bored or fall asleep.

Listen to this mp3, the latest episode of a show from Brussels called Sounds and Emotions. They describe it as "experimental music for experimental people," and I would have to agree. Some crazy stuff.

This week's Downtown-Confidential.pdf is available, thanks to the work of Pat Dellacona of the Downtown Development Board and Community Redevelopment Agency. I already asked them months ago why they release this as a pdf and if I could remember what they told me, I'd tell you.

I have a fabulous list of every show coming to or that is in the works for Broadway in 2009 and beyond. This list was sent to me by a friend. I didn't create it or own it and I don't know where they got it.

Performance artist Brian Feldman is screening a film he produced called "The Golden Mallard" Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 1:00 PM "as a non-official part of" the Enzian Film Slam. (website) Enzian is at 1300 South Orlando Avenue, Maitland, Florida 32751-6415, $5.00 admission. The cinematography is by David Estrada, who did an interview with The Daily City Podcast June 25, 2008 about the website fantacine.com.

Orlando clogger and budding videographer Andy Howard sent an urgent casting notice that I rewrote... because I have that much free time in my life: Orlando Opera is looking for a male supernumerary (basically an extra) for Il Trovatore. Supernumeraries are non-singing, extra rolls. This is a great opportunity to see first-hand what goes into opera making. Not to mention, you get to work with Anton Coppola... whoever that is. And Frank McClain (you know who he is) is apparently doing a fantastic job directing the "amazing talent in this production." If you are interested, please contact Frank McClain, Resident Stage Director, Orlando Opera Company, frank@orlandoopera.org, (407) 426-1717 ext. 106.

Voci Dance presents a new show called "Voci Dance Presents" Nov. 7th and 8th at 8pm and Nov. 9th at 2pm at the suddenly busy Garden Theatre (160 West Plant St., Winter Garden FL 34787. Tickets are $18 ($14 seniors/students) and available online or on-phone-line: 407-877-4736 x305.