Reader Feedback


"
With a plethora of articles and reviews, The Daily City also acts as a newsletter-calendar hybrid for me. For years, I’ve complained about never having one aggregated source of upcoming events in Orlando that is actually accurate. Thanks to the socially advanced heavens (and Mark), The Daily City is a well-manicured and marvelously maintained site that I can always depend on for a current calendar and a review of Orlando’s latest hot-spot. Now my day consists of waking up, putting on a cup of joe, opening my computer, going to thedailycity.com — well, going to my Facebook page — then going to The Daily City and seeing what’s going on in Orlando. Yesterday, Beth and I went to our first Food Truck Pod behind Firestone — thanks to Mark and his team. Now you are looking at the newest member of Food Truck Groupies! -Why Are you Awesome? | May 16, 2011 
"Maybe, like me, you’re one of the readers who rely upon (Mark Baratelli's) indispensable arts and events website TheDailyCity.com, where he blogs and tweets on any and everything stewing in Orlando’s cultural cauldron (somehow scooping us even when he’s out of town – how does he do that?)." -Orlando Weekly | July 9, 2009

"But my favorite things about Orlando’s art world in 2009 were two people who expanded my definition of what it means to be an advocate for the arts.... Mark Baratelli, even while often living out of town, broadened his indispensable blog, The Daily City, to encompass Meeting of the Minds (MOOM) meet-ups, Taco Truck Taste Tests and the vehicular-venued Mobile Art Show. If everyone in Orlando who claims to care about the arts had 1 percent of Baratelli’s... energy and commitment, this city would be a world culture capital." -Orlando Weekly | January 6, 2009

"I believe your web site truly elevates Orlando to the level of other metropolitan cities, and I stop by at least once a day." -Stephanie Pancratz | July 7, 2009

"If you live in Orlando, this is THE news social/cultural news source." -Dawn Schreiner | January 8, 2010

"I gotta say the perfect sorta arts blog for me is thedailycity.com. It covers so many cool corners of the arts realm in O-Town. There is so much on that blog that I didn't even know was HERE in the city. It sorta makes me fall in love with Orlando." -Beth Marshall | September 9, 2010

"I’ve been living her in Orlando for 22 years... You have opened my eyes up to a few new things that I wasn’t aware of. That surprised me. I thought I knew this town inside and out. I enjoy reading your blog on a daily basis. Please keep doing what you are doing." -Brian OHalloran | August 3, 2009

"...hauntingly accurate information and an astounding amount of all the local goings on."
-Dawn Schreiner.|October 2, 2010

"I'll sing praises of @TheDailyCity & @MarkBaratelli - bringing you a cooler Orlando since before you could remember Orlando w/o them."
-Sultana Ali |June 25, 2010

"But my favorite things about Orlando’s art world in 2009 were two people who expanded my definition of what it means to be an advocate for the arts.... Mark Baratelli, even while often living out of town, broadened his indispensable blog, The Daily City, to encompass Meeting of the Minds (MOOM) meet-ups, Taco Truck Taste Tests and the vehicular-venued Mobile Art Show. If everyone in Orlando who claims to care about the arts had 1 percent of Baratelli’s... energy and commitment, this city would be a world culture capital."
-Orlando Weekly | January 6, 2009

"I believe your web site truly elevates Orlando to the level of other metropolitan cities, and I stop by at least once a day."
-Stephanie Pancratz | July 7, 2009

"If you live in Orlando, this is THE news social/cultural news source."
-Dawn Schreiner | January 8, 2010

"I gotta say the perfect sorta arts blog for me is thedailycity.com. It covers so many cool corners of the arts realm in O-Town. There is so much on that blog that I didn't even know was HERE in the city. It sorta makes me fall in love with Orlando."
-Beth Marshall | September 9, 2010

"I’ve been living her in Orlando for 22 years... You have opened my eyes up to a few new things that I wasn’t aware of. That surprised me. I thought I knew this town inside and out. I enjoy reading your blog on a daily basis. Please keep doing what you are doing."
-Brian OHalloran | August 3, 2009

"Thanks for posting the tattoo convention. It was here that I learned of it. We went and had a great time."
-Beth Marshall | Janaury 31, 2010

"The Seth Rudetsky Master Class was one of the best learning experiences of my life. Thank God you put it on Daily City, or I never would have known."
-Meghan Moroney | March 21, 2009

I'm so glad I saw this post. I'm actually playing in this concert and found out about live the live streaming aspect on this blog. So thanks for being a great resource for finding out what is really going on here in Orlando.
-Anonymous | April 16, 2010

"Because of your site I was able to find out about the SpongeBob Illustrator at Urban Think Kids. I took my daughter, who is a HUGE SpongeBob fan, and she had a wonderful time learning how to draw SpongeBob. Thanks Mark!"
-Dan Ginader | June 23, 2009

"I have such admiration for you and the Daily City."
-Jessica Bryce Young, Copy Editor/Food & Drink Editor, Orlando Weekly

"I follow Daily City, and I appreciate what you're doing for the local arts scene."
-Mary Ann De Stefano, Writer, editor, writing coach with "Mad About Words" | November 17, 2009

"I can't believe I've lived in the Orlando area for almost 3 years now and JUST came across your site. BOOKMARKED!"
Dale Campbell, Greater Good Design

"I love this blog!"
-Carolina The Doodler | July 1, 2009

"The Daily City never leaves me wanting"
-Molly Swodoba | July 5, 2009

"I like this blog. Not just for the pretty pictures and the fact that it's all artsy, but it's artsy in MY town."
-Orange State Rantings

"...more and more important in the face of our dwindling arts coverage in Orlando..."
-Scottie Campbell, Blue Man Group

"Kudos to The Daily City for scooping Orlando old media. Remarkable to think that, from 1,882 miles away, editor Mark Baratelli can still get the job done faster than anyone."
-Brian Feldman, The Feldman Dynamic

"(I am) very appreciative that people like you exist to help us get the word and keep our dream alive.
-Dominique Minor, Checkerboard Productions

"Mark is a genius, and he’s proved it once again (with The Daily City's 2009 Orlando Fringe Guide) Mark is doing some great interactive stuff with tools that are freely available, but nobody else is doing this..."
-Ryan Price, Blogging Fringe | March 30, 2009

"...an odd combo of all kinds of news about Orlando arts and culture."
-Elizabeth Maupin, Orlando Sentinel