Forbidden Fruit raises more than funds


Last night, Forbidden Fruit Productions, a new-ish indie theatre group, threw a fund-raiser at Pom Poms to raise money for their upcoming production of "My First Time," a show about you know what.

To coincide with the theme of the show, the fund-raiser was naughty: fake orgasm contests, hot guy/girl slave bidding and lollipops shaped like anything but lollipops. When I tippled out to my car, booze pouring from my pores, to get my checkbook from my murse in the trunk to pay $40 for the man-whore I had just purchased, I realized this crazy mess was crazy and messy.

Though this may sound on paper like a tired "girls night out" with frump-ass secretaries dropping tips into stripper-man underoos or a drunken bachelorette party hanging its boobies out the roof of the limo like a middle schooler, it was anything but.

Because...

...though there were dong-shaped suckers, shirtless hunky dudes offering massages and five dollar glasses of wine being tossed at my face, at the heart of this wacked-out eventwas LOVE! Everyone there was there to support Forbidden Fruit and to show them some lerve, especially the proprieter-ess, Pom. She was front and center helping out and 100% into the spirit and the party.

That fun/love/happy thing was a tangible feeling everyone got up onto and rode like a freshly-shaved horse.