Kathy sends me Heather's email to Billy

I met the contact person for BuyLocalOrlando.net, Kathy DeVault (Economic Development Department, Office of the Director, City of Orlando) in person at Whats Up Downtown. She has good hair, unlike me. The next day I asked her to send me the costs of the program. It being the day before a holiday, she promised to email them Monday.

She did. Well, she forwarded me an email that had been written to Billy Manes on 4-29-09 by Heather Allebaugh (Public Information Officer, City of Orlando, Office of the Mayor). So, here's some second-hand info you probably read about in the Weekly already:
$20,000 for the production and design of the collateral...ie consumer cards, window clings, etc...

$12,850 to Disney Entrepreneur Center for seminars, speakers, etc

$7500 to Cox Media/WMMO for a 3 month partnership, which includes presences at COX events ( they do the downtown concert series, fiesta in the park, etc) 100 :60 on-air commercials, presence on WMMO.com, and marketing assistance to individual businesses. This is a corporate value of $14,000/month or $42,000 for 3 months

$0 and CBS Outdoor is donating 20 billboards