2010 Central Florida Media Roundtable & Luncheon | The Daily City Was There!

Screen shot 2010-07-16 at 2.10.48 PMMark Baratelli
Editor, TheDailyCity.com

I was honored to be asked to participate in the 2010 Central Florida Media Roundtable & Luncheon Thursday July 15, 2010 from 8:30am-11am, presented by the Public Relations Society of America and the Florida Public Relations Association. It was held in the lovely downtown Sonesta Hotel.

Hundreds of PR professionals hopped from table to table to speak with representatives from tv, radio newspaper and blogs. (Blogs!) It was their chance to ask us (the media) what we were looking for in stories, how we want to be pitched and what our publications were about.

I was seated at my own table, as was every other media rep, and had several great conversations with the PR pros. Some, before they even took a seat with me, shouted "I love your blog!" Now thats a fun way to start off a conversation.

After 2.5 hours of non-stop talking, my voice started to show wear and tear and I was all out of flyers. At 11am they ended the event for a half hour break before the keynote address. I had to leave so I could rush back home to start setting up that night's TheDailyCity.com Mobile Art Show featuring Betsy Dye.

Media Roundtable 2010 (68)
Photo Credit: FPRA Orlando

Media Roundtable 2010 (4)
Photo Credit: FPRA Orlando

Media Roundtable 2010 (58)
Photo Credit: FPRA Orlando