Star Wars Celebration V

By Lauren Gibaldi
Contributing writer

Staff Page

When I was little, my dad - like most dads - introduced me to the epic series known as Star Wars. He wasn't an avid collector, or obsessed fan; he simply found the movies incredibly fun, and wanted to share them with his children. Of course, I loved them. (Although, apparently, not correctly. I later learned it was wrong to have C3PO as your favorite character. What, I was six!) So when I learned that Orlando was hosting the biggest official Star Wars convention, of course I was interested.

The Star Wars Celebration: V is coming to the Orange County Convention Center August 12-15. Put on by LucasFilm, it's only the fifth that's ever happened. This one is celebrating the 30th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, as well as the continued success of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. 

This mega-event is dedicated to fans, and will feature an array of awesome events, including costume contests, a laser tag fight, music, movie screenings, parties, collectables, panels, and sneak peaks into the future of LucasFilm. There will also be interviews and autographs with cast members, including Luke and Lei themselves (Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher), among many other.  The main event, however, is a live one-hour interview with none-other than George Lucas, hosted by the extremely funny host of The Daily Show, Jon Stewart.

Prices
Adult four-day pass - $128
Kid four-day pass - $54
Adult one-day pass for Thursday, Friday or Sunday - $48
Adult Saturday pass - $54
Kids one-day pass - $28
Kids under 6 are free

Whether you go for the fandom, or simply to people watch, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a terrific time.

For more information, visit www.starwarscelebration.com