Star Wars Costumes | My Favorites in No Particular Order

By Lauren Gibaldi
Contributing Writer
Staff Page


The Star Wars Celebration kicked off this past Thursday and continues through today. I had the chance to attend yesterday, and, let's just say, I was enlightened. While the panels were fine, the costumes were amazing. Here are, in no order, my personal favorites.

When I asked to take this guy's picture, he got right into the pose. He didn't smile, didn't blink. I saw him later on, and he was STILL in character. Impressed.

As expected, there were tons of bikini-clad Princess Leias, but this girl not only had the body for it, she also had the courtesy of wearing shorts under the costume. *Note: One of the longest lines I saw all day was for getting your picture taken when a harem of bikini-clad Leilas. I wasn't surprised.

What's a convention without a Wookie Christmas break?

Of anyone can tell me WHO this guy is supposed to be, I'll give you a high-five. I'm stumped.

This was my favorite moment of the day. Upstairs in the Echo Base Ice Bar, the Wampa and the Storm Trooper became best friends.

And last -

There's nothing better than a baby dressed as an Ewok. Nothing.

*All pictures by Lauren Gibaldi