Adventures in Wedding Planning

By Lauren Gibaldi
Contributing Writer
Staff Page

This past weekend, contributing writing Samir and I got engaged (a thedailycity.com union!) We were both really excited – that is, until we realized that we actually have to plan a wedding. Now, usually I thrive in situations like this – I love planning events for companies I work for, or organizations I’m part of – but a wedding is something completely different. It’s large. It’s important. And did you know that there are hundreds – I mean hundreds – of different bridal magazines?

I’m not kidding.

Needless to say, we’re a bit overwhelmed, yet still excited. We want a moderate wedding here in Orlando – nothing big and lavish, more so something that’s unique, special and screams us (and isn’t extremely expensive). Combining his love of music, and mine of books, we have a few ideas.

Anyway, as I plan the wedding for the next year, I’m going to update the blog every now and then with my progress. I’ll mention excellent Orlando venues/caterers/venders/etc., and comment on ones that aren't up to par. I’ll list resources I’ve used and hopefully the posts will help those who are also in the process of planning their wedding without an actual planner.

At least it’ll be better than going through all the bridal magazines, right?

And so, here is the start of my adventures in wedding planning.