Gurtzberry Lowers Froyo Prices A Little


By Mark Baratelli
Owner
Staff Page


Orlando has too many Froyo purveyors, as evidenced by the ridiculously long list on our Froyo mothership page FroYoLando.com.

One froyo business I'd tried September 19, 2009 before the craze popped left a sour taste in my mouth: Gurtzberry (124 East Morse Boulevard, Winter Park, FL 32789). My bill that day was six bucks for what you can now get *anywhere* in town for $1.50. I went back today, over a year later, and they've changed their pricing. Its still not the best value, but its better than they used to be. Now you pay $2 for an "extra small." $3 for a "small" and up and up. Want toppings? Pay $1 for all that will fit in the cup.

This meant what you see pictured here, an extra small with toppings, cost me a measly three bucks plus tax. Still twice the price as Tutti Frutti (513 S. Park Ave, Winter Park, FL), but still better than the SIX BUCKS I paid in 2009. So, good job Gurtzberry for coming down from the clouds and lowering those prices.