Ivanhoe Village First Fridays Art Stroll


By Mark Baratelli
Owner
Staff Page


Ivanhoe Village puts on an Art Stroll on the first Friday of every month, 6-9pm, on the sidewalks of a different section of the business district. The district has four sections: Ivanhoe Plaza (1800 Block), 1600 Block, Virginia Drive and Ivanhoe Row (1200 Block). The next stroll (Jan 7, 2011) will take place in the 1600 block.

Whats to find? The night I attended (12-3-10) I found enough art to browse for a good 5 to 10 minutes. The sellers were friendly and the atmosphere was as well.  The night I attended, Ethos was nearby, close enough to pop in for a $4 glass of wine, $1 cookie or one of their non-meat meals.

I liked being a pedestrian for once, strolling beneath large white bulbs strung across the walk here and there. To walk the length of the district, know you have to cross a chasm of parking lots and nothingness to get from the plaza section to the row section. Not a long walk, but unpleasant enough to remind you how unwalkable a city Orlando was designed to be, even this close to downtown. Also, I must have missed the live music, because there was none, at least while I was there. Nor did I see signs telling pedestrians when and where the live music would take place.