The Capital Grille Generous Pour Has @TheWineExpert To Thank #TCGPour11

By Mark Baratelli, Owner


The Capital Grille (9101 International Drive, Orlando, FL) invited myself and a guest to sample their summer wine event The Generous Pour Tuesday July 19, 2011. Full disclosure: the entire meal was provided free of charge.

This wine event runs through September 4th. For $25 with dinner, you are invited to enjoy as many of the red, white and sparkling wines selected by Master Sommelier George Miliotes (twitter) as you like. The wait staff helps you pair the right wine with each course in case you don't know which to choose.

I'd never been The Capital Grille before and it was an unbelievable experience. First off, you walk in and immediately forget you're in Florida and on I-Drive. The dark wood panelling, oil paintings and low light made me feel like I was in another town, on a mini-vacation. Its extremely high end and luxurious.

The staff knows their stuff. My dining partner is a food expert, and our extremely knowledgable server survived his series of questions, most of which flew over my head.

The server spoke about each wine as he poured: where it came from, why Master Sommelier George Miliotes chose it for their wine menu and which should go with which dish. I took their advice and tried it all with everything.

Personally, I think for an extra $25 added onto your table, the Generous Pour is a great deal and I recommend it. You've got plenty of time to catch it before it ends September 4, 2011.
The table was filled with steaks and sides including a delicious seafood mac & cheese, green beans and a bowl of multiple types of mushrooms. They even let us try the fries, which were perfect. 
I got the filet mignon with a Kona decaf coffee rub. Unbelievable. 
The lobster mac & cheese was unreal. I had 4 servings. 
My friend ordered what I think was a Delmonico.
The Manager and Chef came to our table to meet us. 

7-3-11-facebook 7-3-11-twitter 7-3-11-RSS