California Snail Carbonara, and Pig Tails | @ravpig


By: Benjamin Greger
Contributing Writer



This weekend I stepped out of my comfort zone to explore something new to my taste buds, snails. The wonderful salty bacon slices mixed in with the peas and homemade gnocchi, balanced together to make a wonderful dish. It's not what you would expect, but I think the best way to describe snail is it has the consistency of mussels and the taste of whatever sauce, or broth it's been soaking in. It's a must try for anyone, but make sure to stop in soon to try it before The Ravenous Pig changes their menu for a whole new lineup of deliciousness. 

There's more to this wonderful meal that I encountered, the dessert. I then ordered the Pig Tails, an explosion of fried dough goodness, with a dark espresso chocolate sauce. Let's put it this way, do yourself a favor and splurge on what TheRavenous Pig has to offer, I promise you'll thoroughly enjoy whatever it is you order. 





7-3-11-facebook 7-3-11-twitter 7-3-11-RSS