Chevrolet Malibu Eco Gives Me Five Days of Happiness and Then Dumps Me Back Into My Crap Car

By Mark Baratelli
About | Email | Facebook | Twitter

GM Southeast asked me if I wanted to drive a Chevy Malibu ECO for five days in exchange for writing a blog post about the experience.  A chance to escape my disgusting old car and drive something with A/C, a driver's side door without a broken hinge and a trunk I could open and close and put thing in? Sure thing, GM!
When the car came, I met the person with the driving company. The company's job is to drive the car from Miami to Orlando. He got into a second car after dropping mine off, and went to Daytona to drop that car off. Busy day for them. Happy day for me. 


I spent some alone-time inside the car, just me and a car that did not have a Taco Bell bag beneath the drivers seat. A car without the smell of whatever that smell is coming from the rugs. A car with leather seats, a luxe dashboard, big doors, bluetooth that let me talk on the phone without holding, XM Radio, a full backseat people could sit on without asking "What's that smell?" and air conditioning. 

Did I deserve this?

And this?

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe?

Ooh a mirror.

The odometer read 8,375 miles, but my trip someone in Miami named "Trip 1" was about to begin. I dried my tears, said a prayer, ate a banana, called some nuns, ate two bananas, ran in circles and...

...drove to Disney World.

... got my hand stuck in a puzzle. 

... got invited to jury duty.

... gave a speech about blogging at a bloggers conference in Orlando.

... shopped at the downtown farmers market.

... saw a rat dying on the sidewalk in front of Brio in Winter Park Village

 ... did not feed the swan pieces of bread.

... fed them the correct thing: swan food. 

... stopped in Urban ReThink.

 ... went back to Disney world.

 ... did not buy this doo doo tube at the Germany pavillion. 

 ... did buy chocolate-covered grapes.

... played with crap in Mexico.


 ... saw a bunny.

AND AMY SWEEZY'S ARMS! 

When the delivery man returned on the fifth day to pry the car from my hands and my heart, I thanked him with an inappropriate bear hug and asked him to "Take care of her, hey?" He drove off down the street without me, air conditioning and all. I sadly piddle-poddled to my crap-mobile and drove away, wishing the Malibu would force the driver to drive it back to me. 

Bring the 'Bu back!

7-3-11-facebook 7-3-11-twitter 7-3-11-RSS