Ferg's Downtown Sports Bar Opening on Church Street

By Mark Baratelli
Can't Catch a Football

My Dad will be happy. A sports bar is opening on Church Street called Ferg's, named after the owner from Tampa, Mark Ferguson. 15,000 square feet will be dedicated to something called a tap room, a place outside for people to sit outside, an "upscale" restaurant (in a sports bar) and an outdoor oyster/raw bar. Can't wait to watch the (name of team) play the (name of team) while I drink (name of beer) and order from (server in a referee jersey). 

Here's the thing. A sports bar is super-good for people who like it. And hey, I am *always* happy when new business comes to an area. It helps everyone. I just wish I liked sports so I could enjoy this venue. I wish I could have learned to catch a football, but the damn thing scared me when it was being thrown at me so here I am, in my 30s, writing nasty things about some Tampa-owned sports bar coming to my town I know nothing about. Sorry. Go to this place and have a good time. I'll be here tossing kid-sized footballs into the air and trying desperately to catch them.
IKEA Family

TheDailyCity.com on Facebook TheDailyCity.com on Pinterest TheDailyCity.com on twitter TheDailyCity.com on Instagram