CowFish North Carolina Location Hints at Orlando Awesomeness

By: Denna Beena
Contributing Writer


I told you earlier this month that Universal Orlando was bringing Charlotte, North Carolina-based Cowfish sushi/burger restaurant to Citywalk soon. I have pictures! No, not of the Orlando location, but of the original one in North Carolina!

It happens to be where my family lives. So last night I brought my husband, chairman of the Central Florida Aquarium Society, my dad and youngest sister, Alyssa. She'd visited Cowfish before and was just as excited to go with us this time around. 

Check out their full menu here

When you arrive you are assigned a fish for your group on a screen. Some of the ones we saw tonight included Eel Eel Cool Jay and Monica Lewfinsky. As your table readies, your fish increases in size until it's eventually caught in a net, which means your table is ready.

I am already in love with this place and we have not even ordered food! 

The staff were all super friendly and helpful. This being our first venture into burgushi (burger- sushi), we wandered the menu for a while. After seeing the table beside us receive an order of Crab Ragoon Dip we immediately ordered it for the table! After that, Jasmin our server and Christine one of the mangers were super at recommendations and we were on our way to delishiousness!

Between the 4 of us we tried a lot. My sister and I had Bento boxes which had slider-sized versions of signature burgers and a sushi roll. In addition, the box offered your choice of fries (regular or sweet potato), edamame and a cucumber salad. The guys had burgushi. Travis the Taste Explosion and my dad, The Deliverance Roll – Southern Style Bar-B-Q-shi. 



 
Bento Boxes: A combo meal featuring both burger and sushi, including a double-stack version of the featured mini-burger of the week, sweet potato fries, Thai cucumbers, edamame and the guest's choice of a 4 piece premium Fusion Specialty roll

The Deliverance Roll – Southern Style Bar-B-Q-shi: Tender pulled pork, tangy BBQ sauce and tempura onion strings rolled with seaweed and rice, tempura battered and flash fried to golden brown. Each piece is topped with homemade bacon coleslaw to finish



Beautiful aquarium!
And it had an actual Cowfish that they hand feed with chopsticks daily!

The Sushi bar where you can play on interactive screens while your order is made fresh in front of you!
I caught cows with my UFO and built my own Cowfish!
She's a pretty lady cowfish.