Photos from Fiddler's Green 5k

By: Denna Beena
Contributing Writer  


I got up this morning at the crack of dawn to head out to the Fiddle's Green 5k. Hosted by Winter Park's Fiddler's Green Irish Pub this was the 6th year and my first time participating. Lots of green every where; tutus, kilts, mustaches, beads, shirts, shoes you name it! (Thanks Patty for my green fa treats!) Proceeds from the event  benefited  Habitat for Humanity of Winter Park-Maitland and Conductive Education Center of Orlando, two amazing organizations. At each mile there were family and friends of CECO. At mile 2 there was an extremely cute little girl who cheered, "Keep Running!" and so I did! 
Racers who are over 21 got a free beer after the race. I didn't make it to the Pub for that portion of the days activities but I saw photos and beers were flowing! 
Notes for next year: never to early to wear a tutu and glitter (I knew that already but just a reminder) and don't forget your wallet and ID!
My next 5k race on my journey to getting healthy: 
Color Me Rad on March 30th! Until then back to my Couch to 5k app.

Check out the photos from today's fun run.

Ninja turtles ready to run!

More crazy people up at the crack of dawn.










I did it!

And back to more important stuff!




And who doesn't love a pup in a fashionable sweater!