Just the Tip: Aloft Hotel's Front Porch is Dead on Sundays and We Like it That Way


The sitting area in front of Aloft Hotel (Website) in downtown Orlando at 500 South Orange Avenue is a lovely place to sit. The furniture is modern, there's plenty of it and inside is a coffee machine and a full bar.

On a recent Sunday, I met a friend there at 4pm. She was in the cast of Cinderella. She couldn't go anywhere outside downtown because she had 2 shows that day and we were meeting right in th middle of them. 

I wanted a quiet place that would show her a little local Orlando. It was a Sunday and she reminded me most places are closed. And then I remembered this little gem! 

No one was there except us. Across the street you have the view of the Dr Phillips Center. I like the rough cement poles beneath the highway going overhead to the right a bit. 

It's an untouched spot that I've been to twice now on a Sunday and no one has been there.