Why Are Food Trucks Being Inspected After-Hours?

By Mark Baratelli

Most trucks get inspected during open operating hours and that's great. Others are consistently and mysteriously only ever inspected after operating hours. As a food truck Promoter I'm angry about this. I want every food truck to be treated to inspections the exact same way. I want my trucks inspected and treated just like restaurants with regards to poor inspections. Bad restaurants and bad food trucks need to be called out publicly so that they clean up their acts. I have an audience but not as big as the local newspapers and tv stations. I've asked them to pick the story up but they won't. Since they won't pick up this story, I'm telling you now. It's wrong and the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation needs to change it.