Which Starbucks are closing in Orlando area?


Venti Mocha!
Originally uploaded by betsyjean79
It's always sad to see your favorite watering hole shut down, pack up and move away, even if it is a huge multi-national conglomerate bleeding cash from over-populating planet earth with green aprons and non-recyclable coffee cups.

The Orlando Sentinel revealed the list of closings for Orlando that were posted on the Starbucks website. (the full ist as a pdf) Say goodbye to your barista before they get canned!

The stores getting closed include one at Orlando Fashion Square, two in Altamonte Mall in Altamonte Springs, two in Seminole Towne Center in Sanford, another in Oviedo Marketplace in Oviedo, another in West Oaks Mall in Ocoee, and one in Winter Park Village.

I feel like we should hold a funeral. Or the local coffee shops should hold a parade. Either one is fine by me.

Actually, if I were a local coffee shop, I'd bump up the PR soon. Bring some attention to yourself while Starbucks-lovers are looking for a new watering hole. Any ideas?

(Full disclosure: I am a Starbucks stock holder. I think legally I have to say that.)