Lake Highland Preps new theatre space, and I prep for more reading

I just read about Lake Highland Prep's new $14 million theatre facility. It's got "a proscenium theater, a black-box theater and a three-level lobby with gallery space." Wow! The "774-seat center will host more than 2,000 students for productions, assemblies and more throughout the school year."

Well my first question was "Are they willing to being open to sharing the space with the theatre community? (I don't read as close as I should! More on that later...)

So as I am wont to do when I have a question: I ask. I sent the school an email via their website:
Hello. I run a blog called http://www.thedailycity.com. I read about your new performing arts center opening this month. Congratulations! I was curious so I am asking your school directly: Do you have any interest or plans in lending/sharing/renting this fantastic new space to the small theatre/performing community when it's not in use by your student body? Has this ever come up for discussion?
Ok that email was all sent and done, so I was about to go back to scanning my rss reader when I glanced back at the press release Elizabeth Maupin copy/pasted in her blog post (That was a friendly jab at Elizabeth) and saw this:
"Additionally, the school will share the auditorium with community groups when possible."
Oh. Woops. Lesson learned. Read, read and read again. And major kudos to the school for addressing the topic up front and being open to sharing the new space. (No need to return my email, guys.)

(Photo used without permission)