Silent Rave: Orlando and NYC

On May 25, 2008, at the Orlando Fringe Festival, Sean Flynn brought "Silent Rave" to Orlando for the very first time. (If you have proof otherwise, send it my way). I'd say it was a huge success, given that Orlando is completely new to the concept. Kudos to Sean Flynn for his effort. He won a "Fringe of the Fringe" award for it. (More Video)


Three months later, I had the chance Sunday August 17, 2008 to witness a Silent Rave in New York City live in person. I think Orlando can get to this level pretty soon, and can't wait to see it. People were really into it, and along the edges were others watching, speaking on megaphones, break dancing and, well, like me, filming and taking photos. And it looks like they've already got their next one planned for October: Facebook Event Page. (More Video and Photos)