Foursquare: You're Stupid Without History

By Mark Baratelli

I've never used Foursquare. My only direct interaction with it is the bombardastertization of my clean, simple Facebook news feed with friends' dizzy updates about they're exact physical location. Right now.

I'm resentful I don't have a smartphone to enact revenge.

However, that might change as I have found *the one* compelling reason to slop onto into the Foursquare troff: History Channel tips. Basically, the cable station tells you historical nuggets as you walk through parts of certain cities. One extension of that idea is your local history center bringing that to Orlando. Imagine walking by some dumpy closed WInn Dixie and Foursquare telling you that in that exact spot, the idea for Circus World was born. Or imagine one of those women downtown wearing short shorts and spike heels at midnight bouncing from club to club gets told by Foursquare that below the sidewalk she's now puking on is an Indian burial ground. History in real life!