Bananas Diner Offers Hilariously Large Hot Dog Platter

By Mark Baratelli
Staff Page

Bananas Diner has officially opened on Mills. I tried it for the first time Thursday night after a lengthy Mobile Art Show #12. It runs 24/7 on weekends starting Thursdays which was perfect for a late-night post-art-show meeting with the staff of the Orlando Improv Festival.

At a table adjacent to ours, the above dish was served. I immediately jumped up and asked for a photo before they dug in. This double-dog-dinner is huge in real life. The photo does not do it justice. I think the price is $25 and perfect for two.... who can eat that much at one sitting.

I will recommend this as well: their $8 milkshakes are perfect for splitting with a table mate. And I think one would be good to split three ways as well. Its huge, like the above double dog delight. And the drag queen that served it.

I do have to mention also the interior. They've got the lighting perfect. At 2am, you want your late night meal lit like the Haunted Mansion (dark), and it is. Love it. As for the decor, its as if you've shrunken to the size of a quarter and fallen between the cushions of a 1950s Ford Fairlane. It'll grow on me. Even the ceiling is covered in squares of red and black quilted faux-leather.