Concert at USF with Neon Trees and 30 Seconds to Mars

By Jen Thuy-Tien
Contributing writer
Staff Page

On Friday, the University of South Florida welcomed everybody to their campus for a free concert with headliner, 30 Seconds to Mars and special guests Neon Trees and New Politics. The concert was part of the 2010 mtvU Campus Invasion Music Festival and part of 30 Seconds to Mars' “Into The Wild” U.S. tour.

Neon Trees
Neon Trees
Right away, I knew this concert was worth attending because of Neon Trees and 30 Seconds to Mars and since it was a free concert, I had to attend. Oddly, attendance was way less than I thought it would be.

I was mainly excited to watch Neon Trees live. I am a huge fan of their album, Habits and I have been listening to the album non-stop for months since I first got it in August. It has been released since March 2010.

My favorite tracks from Habits is of course, the debut single, Animal, Love and Affection, Sins of My Youth and 1983. Neon Trees performed all my favorite tracks and the album's other tracks. Neon Trees was amazing live and Tyler Glenn, the lead singer of Neon Trees kept the audience hyped with perfect vocals and unique dance moves.

I am very happy that I got to see Neon Tees live and I even got to take a picture with Tyler and guitarist Chris Allen. All the bands, Neon Trees, 30 Seconds to Mars and New Politics, did great and thank you to mtvU and USF for the free concert.

For more photos by Danh Nguyen click here