Try This Five Buck Meal at Dandelion Communitea!

Dandelion Communitea is one of the bedrocks of Orlando's eat-local, vegan/vegetarian community. This community partner plays host to several wonderful spiritual, local-supporting events including the recent Sparkle Market and the legendary (to me anyway) July-4th-From-Hell

But I must admit: I rarely partake of their lovely food for two reasons: I'm broke and I'm not vegan or vegetarian. Of course, neither of these are real reasons to not go. You don't have to be rich to eat there, but the prices are a smidgelet out of my personal range. And of course, you don't have to be vegan/vegetarian to eat here, but, what they serve just doesn't hit the spot for me. We're talking about someone who STILL eats at Crap-Donalds here and a meal is not complete until it makes you fall asleep at the wheel and bulldoze into a bale of hay. And, I just moved a good 20 minute drive away so, yeah. 

But, I was there recently and want to recommend the following dish I ate because (a) its great and (b) its cheap! Its called the "Native Mamma Mix." From the plastic menu with a permanent spot on the countertop to the right of the register, you choose a grain, 2 veggies, a bean and a sauce. They plop it all into one bowl, raw, and serve it with sauce on the side. For five dang bucks, its the best value (to me) in the joint. Try i