Mother Falcon Clothing | Cake Marques

Cake Marques has a solo show at Mother Falcon Clothing (817 E. Washington Street, 407-423-3060) Saturday March 25, 2011, 8pm - 11:30pm. Entertainment by Flirtini Foxxes Burlesque and music by DJ RhettElliott. Dexters is doing the cash bar. Free admission. Parking: Thornton Park Parking Garage with entrances on North Eola Drive and East Washington Street. Street parking is available if you can find it. This show hangs March 5 - 25, 2011.

Mother Falcon features a different local artist each month. Buy their artwork or put it on a t-shirt. A portion of the t-shirt proceeds goes directly to the artist.

About the artist: "It all started with Snow Whites lips. I was obsessed with them in my early days. I went through my lil coloring book and filled them in with luscious shades of red. Her full sumptuous lips were ablaze on every bland beige page. I graduated from lips 101 to bigger & better things. Like drawing Bat Girls vicious high heeled boots or outer space princesses with huge and intricate headdresses that looked like they had just walked straight off a Las Vegas stage. Through most of my adult life I let my art sit in the corner like a naughty lil boy. Only to bring him out on holidays to liven up friends & family. Now in this stage of my life art consumes me. I can't get or produce enough to feel full. My paintings are a mash up of my dreams, fears, and the day to day life that inspires them with a dash of my evil side thrown in...."