Does @TheDailyCity Need Help?

By Mark Baratelli
Owner
Staff Page



Recently I've been getting requests from creative folk who want to contribute to The Daily City. Some want to intern and get college credit, doing writing, PR, marketing, and more for the blog. Some want to use their photography skills for event coverage. Others want to write reviews for concerts, films and plays. And some want to help re-design the blog and help it make money through ad sales and marketing.

YES!

The Daily City has a great small staff right now that I love, and it'd be great to add more names to the staff page. Contributors reap some fun benefits. They get into events for free, get into exclusive/private events, get media press credentials, get to interview folks they admire, bring attention to causes they care about and most of all, get to be part of making The Daily City's readers aware of how wonderful Orlando is day after day. Yeah, it feels good to be a part of that!

If you have a skill you want to share with the world (of Orlando!) then email me and include (a) exactly what you want to do for The Daily City, (b) some work samples, (c) your location in Orlando, (d) the amount of free time you have and the days of the week you're typically available, (e) what you're interested in.

Specifically, I could really use some help in the following areas:

-Event production. I am the Producer of all TheDailyCity.com's events including Orlando Food Truck Bazaar, Audience Choice Awards (May), Orlando Improv Festival (Sept), and any other new events I get myself entangled in or invent. I need assistance in every department from planning to execution. If you've ever wanted to see what's involved in small to medium event production, here's your chance to dip a toe in.

-Ad sales department. I get inbound ad offers constantly, but I'd like folks who have online ad sales skills who can do some outbound contact with local and national companies.

-Email newsletter. It fizzled out last Fall but I'd like to see it make a return. We've got over 800 subscribers so there's an audience wanting The Daily City in their inbox. I just have to get the help to make it happen on a regular basis.

-The calendar. It lives in the sidebar, so it's visible on every page of the site. Its super-useful, but only when its updated with excellent events with correct time, date, description and ticket info. That is a full project in itself I'd love to some more help with.

Thanks!

-Mark

FB Twitter RSS