VeeV Acai Infused Spirits Now at Ruby Tuesday

By Mark Baratelli
Owner




The folks at VeeV Acai Spirit, a line of acai-infused liquors, told me they were now serving their product at Ruby Tuesday (five drinks specifically) and invited me to give a couple a try for free with a friend. The friend ended up having to work late, leaving me to creep in alone, ask for free booze from the family restaurant's manager(s) and sit alone amongst smiling, filled restaurant.

The first drink I had was the Acai Mojito. To me, a Mojito is the perfect summer drink. The azai flavor added a new welcome change to an otherwise perfect concoction. I slurped it down while nuzzling the free crab cake offered up by the manager.

The second drink looked creative in the menu, looked creative when it came out to the table, but was a lifeless flop. I don't think this drink had Veev in it, but I forgot to ask. The drink was served in a martini glass with a teabag floating in the middle, which is visually neat and the only reason I ordered it. Unfortunately, the flavor was as neat as a cinder block, despite the dispersement of the flavored tea bag.

A couple neat eco-friendly facts about VeeV: It's produced in the only renewable wind-powered distillery in the U.S. and is the only certified carbon neutral spirits company in the world. Since its founding, VeeV has donated $1 for every bottle sold to rainforest preservation and replenishment, to date raising over $150,000.

The VeeV mixed drinks available at Ruby Tuesday: Watermelon Martini, Pomegranate Margarita, Skinny Pink Lemonade, Superfruit Cooler and Acai Mojito.
VeeV Acai Mojito
The Teabagged Martini

FB Twitter RSS