The Capital Grille Plates Lunch Menu

By Mark Baratelli 
Owner


The Capital Grille invited me to try items from their new Plates selections on their lunch menu last week at their Orlando location on International Drive. You choose one soup or salad, one sandwich and one side for $18. I chose Porcini Bisque, Mini Tenderloin & Seasonal Vegetable, which turned out to be green beans. Full disclosure: my meal was comped.
The Plates Menu

The server offered a mint lemonade. Sweet and cool. 

The Porcini Bisque was mushroomy and thick, like a sauce you'd fine on top of a steak. 

Mini Tenderloin. Steaks on buns. I removed the steaks and left the buns. The green beans were crisp and perfectly oiled. (Do you oil green beans? No idea here. I tasted oil, though.)

Strawberries and ice cream... just because. Do NOT order this if you're alone. It's huge. 








7-3-11-facebook 7-3-11-twitter 7-3-11-RSS