We Have a Soccer Team and They're in the Finals of Something

By Mark Baratelli, Owner
About | Email | Facebook | Twitter 


I despise sports. My Dad would play (enter name of sport here) on TV at full volume when I would be in bed trying to go to sleep when I was little. He also demanded that my brother and I play sports. When he saw me in one of my first soccer games doing cartwheels down the field, befriending the only girl on the team and crying (not all at once), he got the message. 

But, now that I am old, I see that sports are an economic driver for a city. So I support them. Not by attending of course, but by writing about them.

Orlando City Soccer enters the playoff series as the top team in the league and as the defending USL Pro Champions. This means something I just know it. So there will be an Orlando City Soccer Playoff Pep Rally at City Hall Plaza Wednesday, August 29, 2012 at 12pm. Mayor of Buddy Dyer will act as host to encourage everyone in Orlando to support the team as they enter the USL playoffs. We are all also asked to wear wear purple on game days. Like Barney. You can catch me doing cartwheels on the sidelines. 
7-3-11-facebook 7-3-11-twitter 7-3-11-RSS