Bring Each Room Back to "Ready" Before You Leave

A link to a story about ways to make your home happier was sent to me that had one sentence I connected with and believe in:

  • "Take about three minutes to bring each room back to “ready” before you depart it."

I do this with my kitchen, my living room and my bedroom. I want to walk out knowing that there is no unfinished business in the kitchen. I want to walk out of my house knowing that even if I should return at the end of the day, I can walk in and there is not unfinished business waiting for me. A made bed is a welcome sign you hang on your bedroom for yourself. 

A living room and kitchen should greet you like they do in hotels. "Hey there! We're ready for you. Use us if you want. If no, we're ok! And clean!"

That is how a house feels "good" to me. 

I just wanted to share that link and these thoughts. 

-Mark
TheDailyCity.com on Facebook TheDailyCity.com on Pinterest TheDailyCity.com on twitter TheDailyCity.com on Instagram