Brazilian Fast Casual Giraffas Opens In Orlando

By Ken Storey

Giraffas is the latest restaurant to enter the Orlando market.  The Brazilian based chain has over 400 locations in South America and 5 in the Miami area.  The restaurant was named one of the top 10 Fast Food Chains in the world by Travel and Leisure (they’re #10, they're the only one in the Top 10 to have a location in Orlando, next closest is Five Guys at #16).  Giraffas is planning a major expansion in the Orlando market.  Their first Orlando location opened on I-Drive earlier this month.  



I recently checked out the new Orlando location.  The menu features burgers, steaks, pasta, and fish along with sides such as rice, black beans, farofa, grilled veggies, and mashed potatoes.  One nice thing is a side salad is also a side option.  Steaks are served with a sauce on the side as well. 


I had the Picanha with Chimichurri sauce. I selected the haricots verts (green beans), farofa, and the quinoa.


After ordering at the counter you sit down and the meal is brought out to you.  Real plates and silverware are used!  It was less than 4 minutes from the time I order till I received my steak dinner.  The meal is impressive for the price (just over $11) and tasted very fresh.  Expect something a step above Pollo Tropical or Boston Market.  I used the Chimichurri sauce on the farofa as the steak needed no sauce due to its own full taste. 


Giraffes are used throughout the décor.  Televisions play a special Giraffa’s network that mixes current news, weather, and trivia.  At least three different employees checked in on me while I was eating even offering to refill my drink.  A check-in on Foursquare scored me a side of bread.  The meal left me full and impressed.  The contemporary décor was inviting , creating a relaxing atmosphere to dine in.  The entire experience was a welcome retreat from the noise of I-Drive.   

Expect a Winter Park location to open by end of the year.

For a full menu and more information make sure to check out Giraffa’s website.

Image via Giraffas USA facebook
Giraffas5415 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
Phone: (407) 226-9191
Hours: Sun-Thu:11am-10pm Fri-Sat:11am-12 midnight


TheDailyCity.com on Facebook TheDailyCity.com on Pinterest TheDailyCity.com on twitter TheDailyCity.com on Instagram