Former WPRK Offers Different Version of the Station


Students and employees of WPRK painted a negative picture on Facebook of the changes coming to WPRK due to the hiring of General Manager Ron Shearer. Then they painted a negative picture in an email blast to the entire faculty of Rollins College. Ron Shearer answered our questions, which gave a different version of the goings down. Now a former show host has done the same thing. Read below. This was left as a comment on this post.

"Im one of those shows that left...E L SHADOW'S PACHUCO HANGOUT...after eight years and eight different time slot changes, I saw and experiend first hand deliberate actions of obstruction,prejudice,disrespect,deliberate sabotage,blatent lying,favoritism,hooking up fellow stundents in time slots designated for community deejays specialty shows,stealing funds and donations,and finally pushing shows out they didnt like...the hight of it all was student Ken Goldman and his irresponsible abuse of power as stundent program director with Rob Soviero...delibertly lost my background check and other sensitive information I had witnessed and signed and the called me to tell me I never turned my paper work. It had become enough!!!...and if you doubt any of this just ask the D-show guys on sunday 6-8am about some of the underhanded tactics they were uubmited to...so I find very interesting that some of these same stundents now paint themselves as victims and martyrs, they brought this opon themselves and in the process they wrecked and got rid off some pretty good shows and deejays that were dedicated and had a local following...as for my show the music I played; Rockabilly,Doowop-vocal harmony,Rhythm n blues,jump blues,Boogie Woogie,50'Desperate RnR,both old & new school...wprk was the last bastion on local radio in all Orlando and to mention no local venues that support it. The station started out as a community deejay station...and those may have been the best days,but as long as this last batch of stundent staff is out...then there is hope for a fresh start with some much needed adult suppervision and integrity!. I WISH THE STATION GOOD WILL . ALEX PINA aka EL SHADOW'S PACHUCO HANGOUT."