Tribute to Universal Employee in Walking Dead House at Halloween Horror Nights

By DennaBeena
Contributing Writer


Carla Young worked for Universal Studios for over 20 years. I met her when I was training and later became part of the VIP Tours Department at Universal Studios. Carla and I shared our love for Halloween and Halloween Horror Nights. She later became part of the entertainment crew for the event which she loved. 

My friend Carla passed away after one of the most courageous fights against caner I've ever come across.  She was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer and given 6 months to live. Six years later she was still a fighter. She inspired everyone who knew her. 

I found out that the creative department for Halloween Horror Nights placed a tribute to Carla in one of the haunted houses this year. If you walk inside the The Walking Dead: No Safe Haven house at this years event, look for a sign that says "Young's Flowers Florist, Since 1992, Carla Young, Owner.

I know this would have pleased Carla to no end! 

Thank you HHN23 for honoring Carla and keeping her spirit and memory a part of the event she loved so much.

Photo Credit: NanMur Photography