Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 2015

By Mark Baratelli
Writer

On Saturday September 26, I was privileged to be invited to the Media Day of the 20th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. It was hotter than a boiling pot of tar and the park was busier than an ant colony on birthing morn, but I enjoyed myself because wine.

Here is my report broken into sections:
  1. The media part
  2. The craft beer part
  3. The Chew: Next Eats
  4. 8 Foods
  5. Wine Studio
  6. Cranberry Bog


THE MEDIA PART
The day began with a wait in line at the Media Check-In. There were two ladies there, both I felt were sizing me up, trying to figure out if I was important or not. I made SURE they knew I wasn't. Or they were jealous that they weren't the ones getting to traipse through a theme park as part of their job. I was jealous of them because they were in an air conditioned box.  

The largest dangley-doo I've ever had to wear was placed in my hairy boney hands. 

They gave me $25 on this gift card to pay for some snacks. 

These coupons were golden. More free snacks. 

It was Dapper Day for some. 

Are these napkins or teeth?

 A giant bottle and a whisper of a spew welcomed me to the Festival building in which lay the VIP room. This room was where we all were to eat brunch and learn about this year's festival.

Vice President of Epcot. #werk

The person who introduced the Vice President of Epcot.

While I was yucking it up with the bartender in the VIP lounge during brunch, the real media folks were talking with important people, like the person in charge of the liquor at this year's festival. She designed the festival's signature drink... which I would know the name of... had I not been at the bar...

They laid out ten dishes for us to try, all from the countries. I tried 3 to save room. Later of course I realized what dumb move that was. This is mac and cheese. Not a dumb move. 

I think this is from France because I ate it later in France. Beef and taters. 

Skrumps!

They had a sampling of their new merchandise on display in large lucite boxes atop podiums. I am not a Disney freak. Yes I have an Annual Pass, but I just go to Epcot, I drink, I walk, I sweat, I return home with a burnt bald head and a pocketful of double vodka receipts from the England pavilion. But these little salt and pepper shakers were cute I thought. 

I don't feel like the ball has anything to do with the event, so I am not in love with this mug. But I'd buy it if I needed a gift for someone. 

A wine glass INSIDE a tumbler. Mind blown. 

Sketti and eggs


THE CRAFT BEER PART

























THE CHEW: NEXT EATS


















8 FOODS


This is rich as heck

Not my favorite but tasty

Chicken and mushrooms


Escargot in a croissant





WINE STUDIO

This is the best place to hang out in the evening with it's pergolas and multiple seating areas. 








CRANBERRY BOG

The coolest part of the day. Standing in a recreation of a cranberry bog in the middle of Epcot!