New westbound I-4 exit ramp to open to northbound Kirkman Road


The I-4 Ultimate project is preparing to open a new westbound Interstate 4 (I-4) exit ramp (Exit 75B) to northbound Kirkman Road (State Road 435) overnight on Monday, August 8.

The new exit ramp from westbound I-4 to northbound Kirkman Road will require motorists to exit westbound I-4 about 500 feet sooner. Crews will be working overnight on August 8 to have the traffic shift in place for morning commuters on August 9.

While temporary, the new ramp is in the footprint of the future I-4 exit ramp. Motorists will notice this new ramp features longer lanes. Longer ramps help to accommodate more vehicles, reduce backups on I-4 and improve the overall safety of the interchange.

Modifications or extensions to these schedule may become necessary due to weather delays or other unforeseen conditions. Motorists are advised to maintain a safe speed when driving through the work zone.

In addition to detour signs and variable message boards in the areas of these new traffic patterns, information on closures and traffic shifts are included in I-4 Ultimate’s Advanced Construction Alert System. Sign up to receive construction alerts by text or email at i4ultimate.com.

The I-4 Ultimate project is rebuilding 21 miles of Interstate 4 (I-4) from west of Kirkman Road in Orange County to east of State Road 434 in Seminole County, adding two new dynamic tolled Express Lanes in each direction, replacing more than 140 bridges, reconfiguring 15 major interchanges and reconstructing the entire roadway.