Trevi's Restaurant inside Omni Orlando at ChampionsGate

By Mark Baratelli

(NOTE: I am not a food reviewer or expert. I eat, I experience, I write. And I'm sometimes jerky about it. If you want a food guru go to Scott Joseph or TastyChomps!) 

Trevi's Restaurant inside Omni Orlando at ChampionsGate invited us to sample food from their menu and we said ok yes please and thank you sign us up. What's up with all the restaurants pummeling invites at us? BRING IT!!!!

Below is a sampling of what they provided, but my favorite part of the night was the convo. How many times are you lucky enough to sit with the big big manager of a hotel like Omni? Speaking of pummeling, I hit him with so many questions about how hotel restaurants get created, who creates them and what its like to run a hotel with 7 damn restaurants. 

SEVEN.

The pasta is handmade. (!!!) The dinner was served family-style and began with a brief lesson in ravioli-making. I had to get a lesson in passing dishes from person to person. What am I, a waiter? For one brief glimmering evening... I was.

The outdoor bar serves great Sangria and makes for a nice spot to relax before or after dinner. The 'gria was not overly sweet and had an unorthodox ingredient: pineapple juice.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is causal. I loved the open kitchen. You can walk right up and see what everyone in the back is doing. They also have a lettuce wall. Fresh lettuce is placed into holders and used as needed. Their beef comes from a Florida farm. Always good to see local products and companies being featured at restaurants. 

My favorite was the snapper crudo. It's ceviche-style and refreshing. That's the dish I ate the most from. Sorry table mates.

I wasn't brave enough to sample the beef tartar and neither was my dining companion, but it looked pretty with a little egg cracked in the middle, mixing its uncooked raw juices with the beef. Yum?

The Chicken Diangelo had a great light sauce with perfectly prepared pasta. If I'd chosen to have children I'd feed them this. But I didn't. I didn't have children. I chose a career, Mamma. And my career LOVES ME MORE THAN YOU EVER DID.

The pizza had a thick crust. While I prefer thin, this was good. 

I think Omni guests would enjoy this restaurant especially because the kitchen is open and you can see where your food is coming from. And waking outside at night around the pools and strings of lights and landscaping is a great way to end a dinner.