New Par and Princeton I-4 Ramps Open Monday

A new eastbound I-4 on-ramp from Princeton Street and exit ramp from eastbound I-4 to Par Street is opening the morning of Monday August 28.

The new ramps will be part of a new temporary collector-distributor road, adjacent to eastbound I-4. A collector distributor road allows multiple options of entering and exiting the interstate similar to a ramp but encompassing more movements. The temporary road is designed to carry traffic from Princeton Street to eastbound I-4 and from eastbound I-4 to Par Street during construction.

Motorists wishing to enter I-4 will travel nearly one quarter of a mile on the ramp while motorists wishing to exit onto Par Street from I-4 will exit onto the ramp nearly a quarter of a mile sooner just after crossing over Princeton Street. The shift is necessary to safely demolish and reconstruct eastbound I-4 lanes while maintaining traffic flow. To view or download a map of the new traffic movement CLICK HERE.

Modifications or extensions to this schedule may become necessary due to weather delays or other unforeseen conditions. Motorists are advised to maintain a safe speed when driving through the work zone.

The I-4 Ultimate project is rebuilding 21 miles of Interstate 4 (I-4) from west of Kirkman Road in Orange County to east of State Road 434 in Seminole County, adding two new dynamic tolled Express Lanes in each direction, replacing more than 140 bridges, reconfiguring 15 major interchanges and reconstructing the entire roadway.