McDiet: Super Size Me is going DOWN!

In 2004, I took classes at Upright Citizens Brigade and met a funny stand up comedian in my class from Los Angeles named Julie Dove. She is the person who introduced me to the person who got me in to watch a real Saturday Night Live audition. So surreal.

Anyways, we kept in touch on and off and now she's got a movie she's producing that basically takes "Super Size Me" and flips on it's butt. And kicks it around. She did a McDonalds-only diet and LOST weight! The flick requires some funding: $1,500 in total. She has $500 already and will take donations in any increment via Paypal. Even $5. And you get a credit in the.. credits!

I am blogging this to help out a friend, but mainly to introduce (some of) you to the world of shoe-stringing, self-funding projects where artists don't wait for their big break, they go out and make their own opportunities happen for themselves, by themselves. It's cool, right?
Dear Friends and Family,

I hope this message finds you all doing well. As many of you know, I have been pursuing a career in the entertainment/movie/film industry for several years now. Last year, I decided to produce, direct, write and star in my first documentary called McDiet. I basically did the opposite of a movie called Super Size Me. I ate at McDonalds for 30 days and lost weight. You can learn much about the film by visiting www.mcdietmovie.com.

Filming is complete and I am currently working on putting it all together and submitting it for the 2009 Film Festival Season. Making a film is an expensive and time-consuming process, and as this project nears its end, I find myself in need of additional resources.

This is where you come in. I am looking for people who would like to be a part of this exciting time in my career by making a contribution to my production company to enable me to cover editing costs and to provide funds for the various festival entry fees.

I need a total of $1500 to make these things possible. I've already raised over $500. Any amount that you could contribute -- $20, $10 or even $5 would be greatly appreciated. In return, you will receive special thanks in the final credits of the film.

If you would like to contribute to the film you have two easy options:

1. To use a credit card, visit paypal.com, click where it reads Send Money. Simply follow the instructions by sending a payment to the email address support@mcdietmovie.com.

2. If would like to send a check, please make it payable to Julie Dove d/b/a Six-Eight-Ten Productions and mail it to the following address:
Julie Dove
13636 Ventura Blvd.
Suite 381
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Thank you for your continued support and encouragement.

Julie Dove
Six-Eight-Ten Productions