IHOP | Your Source for Balloon Hats, Wifi and Breakfast

By Mark Baratelli
Creative Director
The Daily City


I enjoy my local coffee and diner spots more than a hug from Santa, but I have to tell you about my most recent visit to IHOP. I had work to do, but my friend demanded I go eat with them. I knew IHOP had wifi, so I brought the laptop with me. The speed is fine: I uploaded 30 photos to flickr and put out a post and never got impatient. The food is what it is: not impressive. But as I was walking in, I held the door open for a parade of three little girls walking out, each with their own crown made from balloons. Wha? This short person with a belt dangling with unfilled balloons said hello to us as we were seated by the IHOP waitress. I asked for a crown with a tall balloon stuck on top and this is what I got! Hilarious!

Yeah its crap food, but with it having wifi, being open 24 hours a day (I recently went at 2am to work) and providing balloon hats (who doesn't need one every now and then?), I'll be back.