Video: We Visit the Audubon Park Community Market



Every Monday night 6pm-10pm, the Audubon Park Community Market takes over the Stardust Coffee parking lot. Its located in the Audubon Park business district, an area strewn with tractor tire-sized round cement planters (some painted a poo-brown), popular record stores and cupcake shops decorated with birds.

We set up a table Monday night at the market to pimp our blog to the passersby. Most people passered-by without so much as a "what is this?" or "This isn't locally-produced goat cheese. Get out." They took one look at me, my nose in my laptop, and my table covered in shoddy flyers and scurried past. I felt like a perfume lady at Dillards forced to spray Fergie's latest scent on stranger's inner wrists.

A few wanted to know about Taco Truck Taste Test. Once they learned what it was, they took a shoddy flyer. Hope they show up. Having a blog table at this market is wonderful. You see how known you are and how far you need to go. Grateful they let me set up shop once again. We'll be back, sans goat cheese and well-designed marketing material of course.