Not a Restaurant Review: Wildside BBQ


By Mark Baratelli
Owner


Sunday I tried Wildside Bar and Grille BBQ (700 East Washington St., Orlando, FL 32801) with three friends in Thornton Park. None of us had been before, though I'd driven past it at least 400 times on my way to IHOP and 7-11.

Before we walked in, we ran into one of my friends' German ex-boyfriend who told us American candy is too sweet and that he likes the candy at the Germany pavilion at Epcot.

As for the restaurant, none of us were disappointed. But we weren't excited either. It's your basic American food served in large portions by friendly people. Like a Hooters without the orange booty shorts. Odd placement, since Thornton Park seems to want to be somewhat classy. But then, there's that 7-11 plaza holding it back, like a choker leash.

I can't really talk about the food because all I had was beans and rice. My friends gorged on giant plates of BBQ, salad and chicken and they were all happy.

I'd go back mainly because of the location. Thornton Park is a fun spot to meander through and pretend I'm classy. Not to speak for my friends, but they'd go back, they love American candy and prefer the German pavilion over IHOP.


7-3-11-facebook 7-3-11-twitter 7-3-11-RSS