Zach Deputy's Gospel-Ninja-Soul is "A Gift From the Most High"

By Ken Storey

Zach Deputy is bringing his one man show of ""Island-infused, Drum 'n' Bass, Gospel-Ninja-Soul" music to The Plaza Theatre on July 25th, 2013. Deputy will be joined by special guests Christopher Hawley Rollers and RJ Harmon, the 2009 Florida Harmonica Champion. Tickets are $15 advance, $18 at the door. 

Deputy uses a mix of microphones and technology to create a "live looping" He's regular on North America's music festival circuit and the annual Jam Cruise. 

We spoke with Deputy:

TDC-You're music has been described as "Island-infused, Drum 'n' Bass, Gospel-Ninja-Soul." Tell us about what you do.


ZD- I guess that's best explained by seeing it. I'm not good at describing what I do. 

TDC- You have a large fan base here in Florida and have played several shows here. Why do you think your music resonates so well with Florida?

ZD- I think I've played Florida a little more than most places due to the fact it's so close to home and I don't like cold weather that much. I don't think too much on why music resonates with any one place I'm way more focused on if it's resonating within.

TDC- What inspires you in the creation of this unique sound? 

ZD- I believe it's a gift from the most high.

TDC- You've described writing music as 'taking a Polaroid' of a feeling. What are some moments recently that has inspired your music? 


ZD- I just recorded a song about my first ace in disc golf. What a great feeling!

TDC- You've mentioned before how at one point you quit music after getting jaded by other musicians. Give us some details on that point in your life and what keeps you going today?

ZD- If I ever feel like I'm walking in the wrong path I try to change my steps. If I feel that music has driven me to the wrong spot maybe it's time to stop and take a look at my life.

For more of Zach Deputy to get you in the mood before the concert listen to this great almost hour long interview that Deputy did for Winter Park's WPRK 91.5




TheDailyCity.com on Facebook TheDailyCity.com on Pinterest TheDailyCity.com on twitter TheDailyCity.com on Instagram