Free play reading: If I Had My Way

P1270226"If I Had My Way," the new play by Joseph Reed Hayes, will have a free public reading on Monday, October 26, 2009, at 7pm, at the Winter Park Playhouse (711-C Orange Avenue, between Minnesota & Fairbanks Avenues, in Winter Park, FL.)

Based on a forgotten part of Central Florida history and influenced by the Blues, "If I Had My Way" looks at relationships formed by the rational and irrational tides of war, the beauty and tensions of the Old South, and hope following darkness like a dream amid the scent of orange blossoms in a small Florida citrus town.

Cast: Zahide Mukoie, Luerne Hererra, Damian Martorana, Eric Kuritzky and Michael Sapp.

Special thanks to United Arts of Central Florida for the Professional Development Grant that is making this possible.