Mike Birbiglia's 'My Girlfriend's Boyfriend' Coming to Orlando

By Ken Storey

Mike Birbiglia is stopping by The Plaza 'Live' Theatre on January 26th with his latest show 'My Girlfriend's Boyfriend.' Birbiglia is known for his off Broadway show that was recently made into a hilarious feature film 'Sleepwalk with Me,' three Comedy Central Presents specials, and numerous television and comedy festival appearances.

We were able to get a quick interview with Birbiglia as he prepares for his three stops here in the Sunshine State;

TDC- After you go to Tampa and Coral Springs, will you tell us which city you hate the most?

MB-yes of course I will give you a full breakdown on my hate for each city. Chances are the hate levels will be low. maybe even non-existent! 

TDC-Finish this sentence: "When my tour ends in Orlando, Florida, I am going to...."

MB-fly across the country to disneyland.

TDC-Who are your favorite spoken word / monologue performers?

MB-doug stanhope, david sedaris, maria bamford. so many, really. a comic i love who grew up in florida actually is todd barry.

TDC- If you were a salesman, what product do you think you could sell the *hell* out of?

MB-on my last album "Sleepwalk with me live" i pitched this product idea called a pizza pillow. it's basically a pizza shaped like a travel pillow that you wrap around your neck and you eat it while you neck rolls until you fall asleep. we actually made one for my movie!


**************************************************************** Orlando ClandesDine Pop Up Restaurant Cardboard Art Festival

TheDailyCity.com on Facebook TheDailyCity.com on Pinterest TheDailyCity.com on twitter TheDailyCity.com on Instagram